Sunday, April 15, 2007

Fact vs. Fiction

You avid readers (both of you) may recall that I recently wrote a post where I mentioned how obsurd it would be to go on a ride called the "Bouncinator" and complain that it "goes up and down too much."

In a case of life imitating art, I was listening to Wait Wait..Don't Tell Me on NPR tonight and they spoke of a ride named "The Scandia Screamer" which apparently created so much noise that neighbor complaints led to a ban of making noise...on the Screamer.

They announce before the ride, literally: "So please remain silent and enjoy the screamer."

You can download/listen to the audio from Wait Wait... on this page, or read the article from azcentral.com I used for my quotes (and other details) here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Searching for something...more?


You can't buy comedy this funny...oh wait, you totally can: