Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Natural Look

I went to a funeral recently. Now, I know that's not a great way to start a humor bit, but hey, if funerals weren't supposed to fun, why'd they put it right there in the first three letters?

Anyway, I came straight from my "real job" and realized I was just about the only guy in a suit. Nope, not even "the" guy was in a suit. So I felt a little uneasy.

But you know, the last thing to worry about at a viewing is how you look. Let's face it, there's only one person people are going to remember and, well, he or she didn't even get to pick the outfit. On the upside, it'll probably be the most make-up time anyone outside of Hollywood gets -- and it's guaranteed not to run or smear off onto your water glass.

So everyone else can relax...

...unless, of course, you happen to be as old as (or older than) the star of the show. Then you might want to take a couple minutes to "freshen up," because nobody wants to be first draft in the inevitable "Who's Next" pool. (Oh come on, admit it. You take a casual glance around the reception and figure out how far you'll have to drive for the next one. It's perfectly natural and, yes, it does make you a shallow person.)

Anyway, the guy I went to honor never read my blog when he was living (at least he was lucky in one way). So Tony, if you're reading it now...I hope it was worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Searching for something...more?


You can't buy comedy this funny...oh wait, you totally can: