Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Mail Call: Dealing with a Difficult Child

Haven't forwarded anything from my e-mail in a while, but this one made the cut. Again, I didn't write it, but I thought it was worth sharing:

Most of the American population thinks it improper to spank children, so I have
tried other methods to control my kids when they have one of 'those moments.'

One that I found effective is for me to just take the child for a car
ride and talk. Some say it's the vibration from the car, others say it's the
time away from any distractions such as TV, Video Games, Computer, IPod, etc.

Either way, my kids usually calm down and stop misbehaving after our car
ride together. Eye to eye contact helps a lot too.

I've included a photo
below of one of my sessions with my son, in case you would like to use the
technique.

Scroll down...





This works with grandchildren,
nieces, and nephews as well

To Digg it, click here. For more comedy about the thrills of raising children, click here (or on the kids tag below)

Did you write it? Know who did? Send along a comment with the info and I'll give credit where it's due...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Searching for something...more?


You can't buy comedy this funny...oh wait, you totally can: